Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Random Late Night Bullshit...

So I'm up too late, not for the first time, and I came across this random website. At first, I was just gonna post it on facebook, because, quite honestly, with that whole "share on facebook" dealy u can put in your browser toolbox, posting to facebook is easy, but then I thought, eh, fuck it, I've been all too serious here for all too long. And it was time for a little silliness. So here it is for your viewing pleasure: Drunk Yoga.

I just have a few small caveats....
1. I take no responsibility for the 'official' yoga terms used on the linked site. I do yoga. And I love yoga. But at my studio there are English words for the poses (so, for example, the "ananda balasana" pose on the linked site is "happy baby" pose at my studio) and the rest of the time I really have no idea what the instructors are saying. I know the shapes, not the words. For all I know the names used on the linked site are all bunks..., except for the Pigeon pose -- that shit kicks my ass every class. And it isn't sanscrit so I can understand that shit. And...
2. on the off chance that any random yoga-obsessed folks should come across this site, please don't bother to tell me how offended you are that someone should dare make fun of yoga. Its just yoga, not world peace. Get over yourself.

2 comments:

~DokterKenny said...

Oh my fucking God that was funny. We do Yoga too when we prepare for shows and ensemble rehearsal. Now I know I have been doing it all wrong..I've been sober! But the best is your quote which I am going to steal..It's just Yoga, not world peace" Of course in your vernacular it should be "It's just Yoga it's not fucking world peace!" :-) Thanks for ht elink!

LSL said...

This was fun :) I'm going to think of it during my next class.