Monday, November 07, 2005

I know I just posted, but...

On a totally different note (didn't want to mix this with the politico-speak) -- since my sis with fiance and bambino were visiting from VA this weekend, DH & I took them into the City (the fiance had never been!). One of the highlights of the day was actually the last thing we did -- we went to the "Top of the Rock", which just "re-opened" last Tuesday (11/1/05). Even if you think you've seen it all, and been to every observation deck in the City, or are an otherwise jaded New Yorker (or New Jerseyan for that matter) this is an absolute must see and worth every penny of the $14 it costs to ride the elevator to the 70th floor (which is pretty cool all by itself cause of the glass ceiling - in other words, you can look up and see the elevator shaft above you!). The views are amazing and totally unobstructed thanks to the thick ass glass walls in place of the metal bars you usually see at observation deck type places. But I'd hurry if I were you - because as people start hearing about it the lines will get crazy; plus, according to the website - the $14 is only an introductory fee.

No comments: