Thursday, January 15, 2009

Bookcrossing 2008

I am a "bookcrosser."  Have been for about 4 years.  And as part of that, I keep track of the books I read each year (but only the ones I read for fun -- I don't count books I had to read for work).   It's not required or anything, but it is kind of cool to be able to go back and see what you've read a month ago or two years ago or whatever.  But rather than keep years of lists on my bookcrossing "bookshelf," I started moving them to this blog at the end of each year.  So...since we just rounded the corner of 2008, here's my year-end list of books I read, re-read or gave up on (I've only given up on a few books in my life, and none in 2008, but that's the title I gave the list ages ago so that's what I'm going with).

Oh, and for those who don't know, according to the
BookCrossing site, bookcrossing means "the practice of leaving a book in a public place to be picked up and read by others, who then do likewise."   The word was originally coined by Ron Hornbaker, when he created the BookCrossing site in 2001 and was added to the eleventh edition Concise Oxford English Dictionary in August 2004.

2008 Book List
What the Dickens: The Story of a Rogue Tooth Fairy by Gregory Maguire
My Horizontal Life by Chelsea Handler (borrowed from a friend)
New Moon by Stephenie Meyer
Twilight by Stephenie Meyer (borrowed from a friend)
Revenge of the Middle-Aged Woman by Elizabeth Buchan (bookray)
Fight Club by Chuck Palahnuik
No Place for a Woman: The Autobiography of an Outback Publican by Mayse Young
Gentlemen and Players by Joanne Harris (bookray)
Bergdorf Blondes by Plum Sykes
Flirting with Forty by Jane Porter
The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett
River Town by Peter Hessler
The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs
Summer Sisters by Judy Blume (bookring)
Eat, Pray, Live by Elizabeth Gilbert
When Darkness Falls by James Grippando
The Ponder Heart by Eudora Welty
Lady Chatterly's Lover by D.H. Lawrence
Paper Wings by Marly A. Swick

No comments: