Monday, March 08, 2010

Another reason to hate Monday

Driving to work this morning, I found myself getting teary eyed and more than a little weepy. Not moments before, my mom, who had driven up from VA for the weekend and who I don't get to see very often, had turned off my road to hit the highway and head home. I wasn't surprised to feel the way I did -- I hate goodbyes and always get a little sad whenever a visitor goes home -- but usually I have something else to distract me and so the doldrums are short lived. Today, however, I face another ridiculously boring day at work -- I literally have NO work to do. None. And since last week was SOOOOOOO slow too, I don't even have any personal business to attend to. So not only is it Monday, which sucks of its own accord, its a Monday that started with tears and one that will likely take weeks to be over. The best thing I can say about today is that the Oscars were last night so I'm sure there is a ton of obnoxious internet chatter but who was wearing who and who should be seeking out a new stylist. But even that is unlikely to distract me from knowing that it will be several months, at least, before I get to see my mom again. And that's just too long. Maybe its time to start thinking about moving back down south. Or maybe I should just get a job that doesn't have me bored to death one day and stressed beyond comprehension the next. I don't know. All I do know is that I hate Mondays.

2 comments:

LSL said...

Not to make it worse or anything, but maybe it is time to start thinking about a move. It's not perfect by ANY stretch, but it's sure nicer to be back near family and normal fucking weather in the Pacific Northwest.

Although Mondays suck no matter what.

Note: my word verification was phole. I like that.

Mr. V said...

Jersey isn't so bad. But being far from family is really hard.