Monday, August 01, 2005

Back to the real world...

And I don't mean the series on MTV.

Yesterday, I got back from a 15 day vacation. Today, I had to come back to work, and I was none too happy about it. My head is still reeling from the beauty of Maui, my heart is still a little broken at having had to come home (and back to work), and it appears that jet lag has taken hold of my ability to stay awake or concentrate on anything more complex than this post. Plus, my new tat is starting to aggravate me -- if only I could have stayed on a permanent vacation, I could be wearing shorts instead of slacks and flip-flops instead of whatever you call these stupid fancy shoes they make me wear. I need to either (1) win the lottery, (2) have some long-lost relative leave me a ton of bucks, or (3) find a sugar daddy for me and a sugar mama for my DH, because I have come to the realization that it is highly unlikely that I will ever to be able to afford the lifestyle we want without one of those things happening. Sure, I could work my whole life and hope to have a cool retirement, but I'd much prefer to begin my retirement while I'm young enough to enjoy it. People say to do what you love and then the money will follow. But that's crap -- you need at least some financial backing (parental or otherwise) to take the time to figure out what it is that makes you happy in the first place. For folks like me who have always had to have a job in order to have things such as food and a roof, figuring out what makes you happy is tougher. In my case, I still don't know.

Anyway, in the days to come, I will recap my vacation adventures, and even include pictures if I can manage to stay awake long enough to review the hundreds of shots I took while away and upload the best ones.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! I've been missin' you!